Natural unheated honey, different flavors depending on the flowers, traditional beekeeping are waiting for you at the apiary in Omishima. Are you ready to enter this small yet extraordinary world?
Welcome to the Bees’ World
In the honey bee farm daily care is essential. Look inside the hive, observe thousands of hard-working bees. They will certainly impress you. Hard working and resilient, bees are also calm and focussed on their duty. Meet the bees, and learn to know them in this unique experience.
You will take part to the actual bee care while the beekeeper will instruct you about how the honey making process, and how beekeeping follows the seasons.
Genuine, all Natural Honey
The nectar of Omishima flowers becomes natural honey only following the all natural, traditional preparation. This non-heated honey in the one that overflows from the apiary’s cells. Once it overflows, that’s when honey is collected.
*Depending on the season, the experience may not include the honey collection process.
Bees make differently flavored types of honey, depending on the flowers. The flavors and aromas are always different and based on the type of flowers. Ready to delight your senses? Please enjoy the seasonal honey.
|Season||May to June.|
|Duration||80 minutes |
* Depending on the Honey bee farm work schedule
|Price||With honey collection (if the season allows):|
4,400 yen person
* Due to the changing condition of the apiary, the excursion may be suddenly cancelled. In that case we offer a full refund.
|Number of participants||1-7 people|
|What is What is included||・ Hat|
・ Collection of different types on honey
|What you need||・ Long sleeves shirts, long trousers|
* You may change at the farm
・ Closed shoes
・ Gardening gloves
・ Something to drink
|Venue||Munakata, Omishima-chi, Imabari-shi, Ehime 794-1309.|
* More details will be announced after reservation
|Plan||1. Transfer to the apiary,|
↓ 10 minutes
2. Meeting the beekeper, general information
↓ 10 minutes
3. Tour of the apiary and beekeeping experience
↓ 20 minutes
4. Collection of honey
↓ 20 minutes
5. Honey tasting
↓ 20 minutues
6. Departure from the farm
Total: 120 minutes
* 4. It may last 90 minutes without the honey tasting experience.
|Reservation method||1. 1. Contact Wakka by phone or email|
2. Confirm if the apiary can host a visit
3. We will contact you back with detailed information
|Reservation||Up to 2 days in advance|
|Age||10 years old and above|
* Under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian
|Payment method||Please pay at WAKKA reception |
Cash, credit card, various
|Please note|| If you are allergic to bees, you should not participate|
· Cancelled on rainy and windy weather.
· Honey collection depends also on the apiary’s reserve. Even during the honey season, collection may not be possible.
· The presence or absence of the honey in the apiary is known on the same day of the event. Those who have already paid will be refunded in cash at WAKKA on the day.
· Please follow the instructions of the beekeeper during the experience.
· Bees are not aggressive, but in rare cases they may sting.
· Please prepare clothes that are thick and limit skin exposure. It is also possible to change your clothes at the farm.
· Compensation for accidents and injuries during the experience are covered by our insurance.